Monday, November 02, 2009

Drawing

Drawing for the sake of Drawing

This is where my mind goes to unknown places. And the absolute best places.

I think the clearest, process the most information, strategize the sharpest, problem solve the best, and have the most intimate thoughts with myself when I am drawing for the sake of drawing

I have been doing this a long time, like many artists, where I begin and end a drawing during a specific time-frame, event, or circumstance. In this drawing, I was in a talk/panel discussion with professional artists speaking about professional practices. Nothing was said that I hadn't thought of before, but in drawing things became clearer. I feel I processed the information better because of the way my mind, hand and whatever other force you can name, all fell in-sync.

I just wish all my other information gathering sessions allowed me this same opportunity.

Well, here is more...

Twitter. Flickr. Etsy. Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from SITS :) I love the drawing. There are some lovely pieces here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shapes you use; they read so distinctly personal.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Like most bloggers, I love comments!